NWLS Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
January 16, 2010
1. Call to Order/Roll Call
Mary Poretti called the meeting of the NWLS Board of Trustees to order at 12:20 p.m.
Present: Bill Bruen (Bayfield County), Buzz Byrne (Burnett County), Dan Gretz (Sawyer County), Tuula Harris (Douglas County), Shirley Harrison (Vilas County), Debbie Hohner (Iron County), Karen Livingston (Douglas County), Al Lundquist (Ashland County), Vivian Markley (Superior Public Library), Deb Nordgren (Douglas County), Mary Poretti (Burnett County), Tom Thompson (Iron County), Jim Trojanowski (NWLS Director), Linda Stobbe (NWLS Office Manager).
Several trustees attended remotely via OPAL.
Excused: Michael Bobin (Washburn County), Bill Farris (Washburn County), Kathy McCoy (Sawyer County), Marcia Wellnitz (Bayfield County).
Guests: Charles LaBelle, Mary Platner.
2. Guest Comments: Jim Trojanowski introduced Mary Platner. Mary will be appointed by Vilas County in place of Charles LaBelle, who has resigned. There were no guest comments.
3. Election of Officers The Nominating Committee proposed Mary Poretti, President; Tuula Harris, Vice-President; and Al Lundquist, Treasurer. There were no nominations from the floor. Deb Nordgren moved to close nominations and unanimously elect the slate of officers. Debbie Hohner seconded. Carried unanimously.
4. Approval of the November 14, 2009 NWLS Board Meeting Minutes
Deb Nordgren moved to approve the November 14, 2009 NWLS Board Meeting Minutes. Debbie Hohner seconded. Carried unanimously.
5. Approval of November and December, 2009 NWLS Expenditures
Shirley Harrison moved to approve the November and December, 2009 Expenditures. Dan Gretz seconded. Carried unanimously.
6. Approval of December 31, 2009 Financial Statement and Budget Report (pending audit)
Debbie Hohner moved to approve the December 31, 2009 Financial Statement and Budget Report, pending audit. Shirley Harrison seconded. Carried unanimously.
7. Approval of 2010 Mileage Reimbursement Rate
Debbie Hohner moved to approve the 2010 Mileage Reimbursement Rate. Shirley Harrison seconded. Carried unanimously.
Debbie Hohner moved to adjourn. Dan Gretz seconded. Carried unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 12:36 p.m.