NWLS Board of Trustees Meeting
January 15, 2011
1. Call to Order/Roll Call
Tuula Harris called the meeting of the NWLS Board of Trustees to order at 12:00 noon.
Present: Mike Bobin (Washburn County), Bill Bruen (Bayfield County), Jessie Burhans (Douglas County), Buzz Byrne (Burnett County), Dan Gretz (Sawyer County), Tuula Harris (Douglas County), Dee Kittleson (Bayfield County), Al Lundquist (Ashland County), Vivian Markley (Superior Public Library), Deb Nordgren (Douglas County), Mary Platner (Vilas County), Tom Thompson (Iron County), Jim Trojanowski (NWLS Director), Linda Stobbe (NWLS Office Manager).
Several trustees attended remotely via GoToMeeting.
Excused: Bill Farris (Washburn County), Shirley Harrison (Vilas County), Debbie Hohner (Iron County), Mary Poretti (Burnett County),
2. Introduction of new trustee Jim Trojanowski introduced Dee Kittleson. Dee replaces Marcia Wellnitz who has resigned from the board after 30 years of service.
3. Guest Comments None
4. Approval of the December 18, 2010 NWLS Board Meeting Minutes
Buzz Byrne moved to approve the December 18, 2010 NWLS Board Meeting Minutes. Tom Thompson seconded. Carried unanimously.
5. Election of Officers The Nominating Committee proposed Tuula Harris, President; Deb Nordgren, Vice-President; and Al Lundquist, Treasurer. There were no nominations from the floor. Buzz Byrne moved to close nominations and unanimously elect the slate of officers. Tom Thompson seconded. Carried unanimously.
6. Approval of November and December, 2010 NWLS Expenditures
Mary Platner moved to approve the November and December, 2010 Expenditures. Vivian Markley seconded. Carried unanimously. Trojanowski asked for permission to begin reporting each payroll as “payroll” rather than listing each employee’s take-home pay by name. Tuula Harris noted that the board approves the pay for each position and this would not change under Jim’s proposal. Consensus of the board was to permit the change.
7. Approval of December 31, 2010 Financial Statement and Budget Report (pending audit)
Jessie Burhans moved to approve the December 31, 2010 Financial Statement and Budget Report, pending audit and to rename the Equipment Fund the Reserve Fund. Deb Nordgren seconded. Carried unanimously.
Vivian Markley moved to adjourn. Buzz Byrne seconded. Carried unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 12:30 p.m.