September 17, 2011
1. Call to Order/Roll Call
Tuula Harris called the meeting to order at 10:05 a.m.
Present: Bill Bruen (Bayfield County), Buzz Byrne (Burnett County), Joel Certa-Werner (Douglas County), Tuula Harris (Douglas County), Debbie Hohner (Iron County), Dee Kittleson (Bayfield County), Jamie Klema (Ashland County), Al Lundquist (Ashland County), Vivian Markley (Superior Public Library), Mary Platner (Vilas County), Deb Nordgren (Douglas County), Tom Thompson (Iron County), Jim Trojanowski (Director), Linda Stobbe (Office Manager).
Excused: Jim Basset (Sawyer County), Michael Bobin (Washburn County), Jessie Burhans (Douglas County), Dan Gretz (Sawyer County), Shirley Harrison (Vilas County).
2. Guest Comments
3. Approval of the July 16, 2011 NWLS Board Meeting Minutes
Motion by Buzz Byrne, second by Al Lundquist to approve the July 16, 2011 Board of Trustees 6Meeting Minutes. Motion carried.
4. July and August 2011 NWLS Expenditures
Motion by Tom Thompson, second by Vivian Markley to approve the July and August, 2011, NWLS expenditures. Motion carried.
5. August, 2011 Financial Statement and Budget Report
Motion by Vivian Markley, second by Bill Bruen to approve the August, 2011, NWLS Financial Statement and Budget Report, including the 2012 Pay Scale. Motion carried.
6. Approval of Retirement and Separation Benefits Policy
Motion by Mary Platner, second by Bill Bruen to approve the Retirement and Separation Benefits Policy. Motion carried.
7. Approval of NWLS Budget and Plan of Service
Motion by Vivian Markley, second by Al Lundquist to approve the NWLS Budget and Plan of Service. Carried unanimously.
8. Approval of 2012 Member Library Agreements
Motion by Mary Platner, second by Buzz Byrne, to approve the 2012 NWLS Member Library Agreements. Motion carried.
9. Approval of 2012 County Service Agreements
Motion by Vivian Markley, second by Mary Platner to approve the 2012 Member Library Agreements. Motion carried.
10. Approval of 2012 Resource Library Agreement with Superior Public Library
Motion by Mary Platner, second by Dee Kittleson to approve the 2012 Resource Library Agreement with Superior Public Library. Motion carried.
11. Approval of Agreement with Innovative Interfaces / Early Implementer of Sierra
Jim said the agreement was adopted by The Merlin Consortium at its August Meeting. Motion by Buzz Byrne to approve the agreement, second by Mary Platner. Motion carried.
12. Discussion of Director’s Evaluation Process
Tuula Harris led discussion. The Director will include a self-evaluation with the minutes. Trustees will mail an evaluation to Tuula by October 15, 2011. Tuula and Deb Nordgren will conduct the evaluation based upon comments received from trustees by October 15, 2011.
13. Director’s Report
• Jim discussed the grand opening of the Larsen Family Library in Webster.
• A statewide buying pool for digital media will be established by January, 2012.
• Jim discussed county library planning for Douglas County in 2013.
Mary Platner moved to adjourn the meeting at 11:59 pm, Dee Kittleson seconded. Motion carried. Tuula Harris declared the meeting adjourned at 12:00 noon.