NWLS Board of Trustees Meeting
July 19, 2014 Minutes
NWLS Headquarters, Ashland
1. Call to Order/Roll Call: Tuula Harris called the meeting to order at 10:08 am.
Present: Jim Basset (Sawyer County), Bill Bruen (Bayfield County), Jeff Burke (Vilas County), Buzz Byrne (Burnett County), Tuula Harris (Douglas County), Sandy Mackie (Washburn County), Robert Mock (Douglas County), Mary Platner (Vilas County), Laura Rachford (Burnett County), Teresa Schmidt (Mercer Public Library), Jim Trojanowski (Director), Linda Stobbe (Office Manager). Trustees attended remotely via GoToMeeting.
Excused: Donna Bergum (Superior Public Library), Jessie Burhans (Douglas County), Clarence Campbell (Ashland County), Dee Kittleson (Bayfield County), Jamie Klema (Ashland County), Vivian Markley (Douglas County), Hilary Neste (Washburn County), Tom Thompson (Iron County).
2. Guest Comments: None.
3. Approval of the May 17, 2014, NWLS Board Meeting Minutes: Motion by Mary Platner, second by Jeff Burke to approve the May 17, 2014 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Approval of May and June, 2014, NWLS Expenditures: Motion by Sandy Mackie, second by Mary Platner to approve the March and April, 2014 NWLS Expenditures. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Approval of June 30, 2014, Financial Statement and Budget Report: Motion by Mary Platner, second by Sandy Mackie to accept the June 30, 2014 Financial Statement and Budget Report. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Approval of LSTA Grant Applications: Jim Trojanowski and Linda Stobbe discussed the proposed applications, which included one each in the Delivery Services, Public Library System Technology Projects, Digital Content Buying Pool, and Merging Integrated Library Systems categories. Motion by Jeff Burke, second by Mary Platner to approve the applications. Motion carried unanimously.
7. Adjourn: Tuula Harris declared the meeting adjourned at 10:35 pm.