The integrated Merlin system networks the technical services with all of the patron services that streamline the transactions of resources shared among Merlin libraries. Merlin provides users with a range of interactive self-service options to maximum user satisfaction with minimal staff effort. For example, patrons can be automatically notified when items they request online to be delivered to a library of choice are ready to pick up. Patron self checkout service is also available to libraries through the Express Lane client.
Merlin training guides, links, and news can be accessed in the Patron Services side menu with the staff login. The following programs are included in Patron Services:
- Sierra Circulation is used for circulation transactions, holds, notices, fines, and patron registration.
- Offline Circulation functions as a backup circulation client when the Circulation client isn't available.
- Express Lane is an optional patron self-checkout client
- The Merlin OPAC (online public access catalog) Merlin is a union catalog of collections shared among libraries in northern Wisconsin with advanced search and display functions. From their accounts patrons can browse collections from thirty-one libraries, reserve and renew items, and save lists and preferred searches.
- Mobile Merlin is a custom display of the Merlin catalog formatted for mobile devices.