To access Merlin training menus, please log in.
Merlin uses technology to integrate technical services and patron services for streamlining resource sharing among Merlin member libraries. Merlin provides users with a range of interactive self-service options to maximum user satisfaction and efficiency.
The Merlin catalog can be used to search the local collection or the entire catalog of 31 member library collections. With a library barcode, requests can be made for any item in the catalog to be delivered to a library of choice. (If you have a Mail-A-Book account, choose Northern Waters when you need your things mailed to you.) When items are ready for you to pick up, you'll receive a message by phone or email. A self checkout service is an available option for libraries through the purchase of the Express Lane client.
Merlin training guides, links, and news can be accessed in the Patron Services side menu with the staff login. The following programs are included in Patron Services:
- Sierra Circulation is used for circulation transactions, holds, notices, fines, and patron registration.
- Offline Circulation functions as a backup when the Circulation client isn't available.
- Express Lane is an optional patron self-checkout client
- The Merlin Catalog - The resources of 31 libraries are displayed in one online catalog for patrons to browse and request from their library account. Merlin can also be used to renew materials; create lists; save a history of checkouts, save preferred searches, and to access databases and digital media. MERLIN: My Electronic Resource Library Information Network
- Mobile Merlin is a custom display of the Merlin catalog formatted for mobile devices.
- Electronic Resources for patrons include not only library catalogs, but also library databases as well as resources covering both health and workforce development topics.