NWLS Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes
May 15, 2010
1. Call to Order/Roll Call
Mary Poretti called the May 15, 2010 meeting of the NWLS Board of Trustees to order at 10:07 p.m.
Present: Michael Bobin (Washburn County), Buzz Byrne (Burnett County), Tuula Harris (Douglas County), Debbie Hohner (Iron County), Karen Livingston (Douglas County), Al Lundquist (Ashland County), Kathy McCoy (Sawyer County), Vivian Markley (Superior Public Library), Mary Poretti (Burnett County), Tom Thompson (Iron County), Jim Trojanowski (NWLS Director), Linda Stobbe (NWLS Office Manager).
Excused: Bill Bruen (Bayfield County), Bill Farris (Washburn County), Dan Gretz (Sawyer County), Shirley Harrison (Vilas County), Deb Nordgren (Douglas County), Mary Platner (Vilas County), Marcia Wellnitz (Bayfield County)
2. Guest Comments
3. Approval of the March 19, 2010, NWLS Board Meeting Minutes
Vivian Markley moved to approve the minutes of the March 19, 2010 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes. Tuula Harris seconded. Carried unanimously.
4. Approval of March and April, 2010, NWLS Expenditures
Kathy McCoy moved to approve the March and April, 2010 NWLS Expenditures. Karen Livingston seconded. Carried unanimously.
5. Approval of April 30, 2010, Financial Statement and Budget Report
Tuula Harris moved to accept the April 30, 2010 Financial Statement and Budget Report. Kathy McCoy seconded. Carried unanimously.
6. Approval of Member County Appropriation Requests
Karen Livingston moved to set 2011 county appropriations at the 2010 level. Tuula Harris seconded. Carried unanimously.
7. Approval of NWLS Technology Plan 2010 - 2013
Kathy McCoy moved to approve the NWLS Technology Plan 2010 – 2013. Tuula Harris seconded. Carried unanimously.
8. Approval of NWLS Travel Policy
Tuula Harris moved to amend the last line of section 4 of the policy to read “No mileage will be paid for travel of less than 10 miles one way. “ Kathy McCoy seconded. Carried 8-2 with Bobin and Poretti opposed. Michael Bobin moved to approve the NWLS Travel Policy as amended. Vivian Markely seconded. Carried unanimously.
9. Director’s Report
• Start of the state fiber grant is being delayed by federal requirements for environmental assessments and impact assessments on historical structures.
• Libraries receiving Gates Grants have begun getting their new PCs. The state has decided to provide the funding through library systems.
• Jim gave two presentations at WAPL and Linda Stobbe gave one.
• The staff has been discussing building and grounds improvements.
• An ergonomics study of each staff work area has been completed and a report should be available soon.
• Jim is participating in a committee on OverDrive and a committee on a statewide library card.
• Jim asked for guidelines concerning staff pay increases for 2011.
10. Demonstration of GoToMeeting
Michael Bobin moved to adjourn. Tom Thompson seconded. Carried unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 2:15 p.m.