Collaborate with WiLS and a group of up to eight small public libraries to learn and create an affordable and actionable strategic plan.
WiLS launched the small library strategic planning cohort two years ago in order to support libraries that serve communities with populations under 5,000. Small libraries need strategic plans to help make decisions, understand meaningful data and information, and set measurable goals just as much as the largest library. However, small libraries often have a smaller staff and smaller budgets, making it difficult to commit to a longer planning process or pay for a full plan. That’s where the idea of the small library strategic planning cohort was born.
Building on the last two years of learning and success, WiLS will again offer the small library cohort of up to 8 libraries in 2021-2022. The cost is $1,875 per library. For an additional $900, WiLS can administer a community survey for any participating library. At this time meetings will be held virtually, though that is subject to change based on cohort preferences and public health guidelines.
ANTICIPATED TIMELINE AND PROCESS
- August: Libraries confirm participation in cohort
- October-November: Team kickoff with WiLS and orientation webinar
- November-December: Recorded data training followed by a virtual meeting to share ideas about data gathering, answer questions, and determine data
- December-March: Libraries (and WILS) work on data and information gathering
- March: Virtual meeting to discuss data themes
- April-May: Virtual or in-person meeting in Madison to begin writing plans and develop a writing schedule
- May-July: Write strategic plans
- July: Capstone webinar
Spooner Memorial Library
Genoa City Public Library
Eager Free Public Library
Clintonville Public Library
Brewer Public Library
Dodgeville Public Library
Brillion Public Library
Carter Memorial Library – Omro
Chilton Public Library
Kewaunee Public Library
Waupaca Area Public Library
Is your library interested in joining the small library strategic planning cohort or do you have questions? Please contact Laura Damon-Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.